Fudge is a classic dessert that people enjoy all over the world. It’s rich, creamy, and oh so delicious!
Making fudge can be intimidating, but it doesn’t have to be.
With a few simple steps, you can make a deliciously simple fudge recipe that will wow your friends and family.
History of Fudge
Many people believe that fudge was invented in the United States, specifically in the late 1800s in a college dorm at Vassar College.
The story goes that a batch of caramels was left on the stove too long and turned into fudge.
From there, the recipe spread across the country and has become a beloved dessert for many people.
Prep Time and What to Expect
Making fudge takes a bit of time, but it’s well worth the effort. You’ll need a saucepan, a mixing bowl, and a pan to pour the fudge into.
It’s important to have all of your ingredients measured out and ready to go before you start cooking.
Once everything is prepared, you’ll melt the butter, add the sugar and evaporated milk, and then let it boil for a few minutes.
After that, you’ll add the chocolate and marshmallow cream, mix it all together, and then pour it into your pan to set.
The key to making delicious fudge is using high-quality ingredients. Here are the ingredients you’ll need for this simple fudge recipe:
– 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
– 3 cups granulated sugar
– 1 1/2 cups evaporated milk
– 12 oz semi-sweet chocolate chips
– 1 jar (7oz) marshmallow cream
– 1 tsp vanilla extract
Now that you know the ingredients and what to expect when making this recipe, here are the steps you’ll need to follow:
1. Line a 9×13 inch pan with parchment paper and set aside.
2. In a large saucepan, melt the butter over medium heat.
3. Add the sugar and evaporated milk and bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
4. Reduce the heat to low and let it simmer for 5 minutes, stirring occasionally.
5. Remove from heat and stir in the chocolate chips, marshmallow cream, and vanilla extract until everything is well mixed.
6. Pour the fudge into the prepared pan and smooth it out evenly.
7. Let the fudge cool at room temperature for at least 2 hours before cutting it into small squares.
This simple fudge recipe is best served at room temperature, so be sure to take it out of the fridge at least 30 minutes before serving.
You can also add some fun toppings like nuts, sprinkles, or sea salt to make it even more delicious.
Can I use milk chocolate chips instead of semi-sweet?
Yes, you can use milk chocolate chips if you prefer a sweeter fudge.
Can I add nuts to this recipe?
Yes, you can add nuts to this recipe. Just stir them in with the chocolate chips and marshmallow cream.
How long will this fudge last?
This fudge can be stored in an airtight container for up to 2 weeks at room temperature.
In conclusion, making fudge doesn’t have to be difficult.
By using this simple fudge recipe, you can easily impress your friends and family with a delicious dessert that is sure to please.
Remember to take your time, use high-quality ingredients, and have fun!