Tomato soup, a classic comfort food, is perfect for any occasion.
It is a delicious and easy-to-make meal that can be enjoyed hot or cold, depending on the season.
There are many different ways to make tomato soup, but this recipe will give you the perfect balance of flavors that will keep you coming back for more.
History of Tomato Soup
Tomato soup traces its roots back to the early 19th century in America.
It was created by Dr. John Dorrance, a chemist working for the Campbell Soup Company.
He formulated and developed condensed soup, including tomato soup, which became an instant hit.
It was not long before tomato soup became a staple in the American diet.
Today, it is well-loved worldwide and has even earned a reputation as a favored dish by British Prime Minister Boris Johnson.
Preparing this recipe takes approximately 30-40 minutes, depending on your level of experience in the kitchen. The recipe serves four people.
To make the perfect tomato soup, you will need the following ingredients:
• 6 large ripe tomatoes
• 3 cloves of garlic
• 1 large onion
• 2 tablespoons of olive oil
• 2 cups of vegetable stock
• 1 tablespoon of sugar
• 1 teaspoon of paprika
• Salt and pepper to taste
• 1 cup of heavy cream (optional)
• Fresh basil leaves
1. Begin by washing and dicing the tomatoes, onions, and garlic.
2. Heat the olive oil in a large pot over medium heat.
3. Add the onions and cook for a few minutes until they are soft and translucent.
4. Add the garlic to the pot and cook for an additional minute.
5. Add the diced tomatoes to the pot and stir well.
6. Add the vegetable stock, sugar, paprika, salt, and pepper.
7. Increase the heat to high and bring the soup to a boil.
8. Reduce the heat and let the soup simmer for 15-20 minutes, until the tomatoes are soft and tender.
9. Use an immersion blender (or transfer the soup to a blender) to puree the soup until smooth.
10. Stir in one cup of heavy cream (optional).
11. Garnish with fresh basil leaves and serve hot.
Tomato soup can be served on its own or as a side dish.
For a more flavorful experience, pair it with garlic bread, grilled cheese sandwiches, or croutons.
You could also add some fresh herbs like basil, parsley, or chives, to give extra flavor and aroma to the soup.
Can canned tomatoes be used instead of fresh ones?
Yes, canned tomatoes can be used in place of fresh tomatoes. However, the taste and texture of the soup may differ slightly.
Can the soup be frozen?
Yes, the soup can be frozen. Allow it to cool completely before storing it in an airtight container in the freezer. It will keep for up to three months.
Is heavy cream necessary?
Heavy cream is optional, and you can omit it if you prefer a lighter soup. If you want to make it creamier, you can add half-and-half, whole milk, or coconut milk.
In conclusion, this tomato soup recipe is a classic dish that has proven to be a favorite among many people around the world.
It is easy to make, and the ingredients are readily available in any grocery store.
Whether you are looking for a quick and tasty lunch, or a comforting meal on a cold evening, this tomato soup recipe is sure to satisfy your cravings.
So, roll up your sleeves, grab your apron, and get cooking!
qpxmbtrzMay 17, 2023 at 2:34 am
Интернет-магазин пряжи в Москве klubok.club – различные виды пряжи.