Chimichurri is an Argentinean sauce famous for its mouth-watering flavor and versatility.
However, it isn’t limited to just Argentina; this sauce is loved all over the world.
It is easy to make and goes well with a variety of dishes such as grilled meat, fish, and vegetables.
In this article, we will discuss how to make the perfect chimichurri recipe.
The origin of chimichurri is shrouded in mystery, but many believe that it has its roots in Argentina.
There are several stories about how the name “chimichurri” came to be.
Some say that it was named after an Irishman who introduced the recipe to the gauchos in Argentina.
Others say that it comes from the Basque word “tximitxurri,” which means “a mixture of several things in no particular order.”
Regardless of its origin, chimichurri has become popular all around the world.
Preparation Time and What to Expect
Making chimichurri sauce is a quick and easy process that involves chopping up some herbs and mixing them with oil and vinegar.
The total preparation time for this recipe is about 10 minutes. You can prepare it ahead of time and store it in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
To make the best chimichurri sauce, you will need the following ingredients:
– Fresh parsley leaves
– Fresh cilantro leaves
– Garlic cloves
– Red pepper flakes
– Extra-virgin olive oil
– Red wine vinegar
The Best Recipe
Here is the best recipe for chimichurri sauce:
– 1 cup fresh parsley leaves, packed
– 1/2 cup fresh cilantro leaves, packed
– 4 garlic cloves, peeled
– 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
– 1/2 cup extra-virgin olive oil
– 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
– Salt to taste
1. In a food processor, combine the parsley, cilantro, garlic, and red pepper flakes. Pulse until finely chopped.
2. Transfer the mixture to a bowl and stir in the olive oil and red wine vinegar until well combined.
3. Season with salt to taste.
4. Serve immediately or store in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
How it is Best Served
Chimichurri sauce can be served in a variety of ways, but it is typically used as a condiment for grilled meats.
It pairs well with beef, chicken, pork, and even fish.
You can also use it as a marinade for meats, as a dressing for salads, or as a dip for vegetables.
1. Can I use dried herbs instead of fresh?
While fresh herbs are preferable, you can use dried herbs if fresh ones are not available. Substitute one tablespoon of dried herbs for every ¼ cup of fresh herbs.
2. How long can I store chimichurri sauce in the refrigerator?
You can store chimichurri sauce in an airtight container in the refrigerator for up to two weeks.
Chimichurri sauce is a vibrant and flavorful sauce that adds a burst of flavor to any dish.
With a little bit of chopping and mixing, you can make the perfect chimichurri sauce in no time.
Whether you use it as a marinade or a condiment, this sauce will take your meals to another level of deliciousness.
Try this recipe today and see for yourself why chimichurri sauce is such a beloved condiment around the world.